Thursday, February 19, 2015

Caroline Roberts Keynote Teaser



This past week the head of our Hospitality Department, Adrienne Olson, got to sit down and interview our keynote speaker Caroline Roberts! A UNCW alumna, Caroline has worked on films such as Nine, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Into the Woods. She will be delivering the keynote address during the festival, sharing her experiences in the film world, as well as participating in a Q & A!

While the festival is not until April17th, here is a short teaser from Adrienne's interview with Caroline:

Adrienne
Q: So how was the transition from film to into the real world and the film industry? Because it seems like it would be either you make it or you don’t.

Caroline
A: Yeah I think there is a lot of gray area as well. People can sort of get jobs and make a living and then I think you can get lucky and you can really find your passion. For me, film has always been a passion rather than work, so it was very easy for me to give my entire life to my job, which a lot of people have a problem with.

Adrienne
Q: What was the most exciting experience you have had on a film set?

Caroline
A: I have a couple. I probably have three that were just out of control. On my first film, Nine, Daniel Day Lewis was in character and I was a nobody and I would be carrying a lot of stuff always, and he would always see me on set and he’d come over and be like, “Ahh ciao bello!” and he’d kiss me [on the cheek] on either side like an Italian man would! And I didn’t know what to call him! I didn’t know if he wanted me to call him Guito, like his character’s name, so I would just be like “Ciao!” And he smelled unbelievably good!

That was just a teaser! Caroline Roberts has plenty more industry adventures to share during her keynote address. Go to visionsfilm.org now to purchase your Visions Film Festival & Conference badge to get access to the full day of Visions events.

No comments:

Post a Comment